We have accomplished much in 2008!Thanks to your generous support in 2008, we celebrated some great conservation commitments and were able to put more energy than ever before into conservation programs and projects.
Together we have
- protected the marshes, forests and beaches of Ile Canard Blanc. It seems there will be no cement ramps on the beach and the development has stopped;
- restricted the travels of the "barge" with the help of Transport Canada;
- protected the very special Lac des Etoiles with our 100 signature petition of Ile Canard Blanc residents;
- conserved several key freshwater streams into Baie L'ours, Lac Barriere and Lac Simon with the help of Environment Quebec;
- reversed the "halte" project parking lot along chemin tour-de-lac with the help of Environment Quebec after Municipality damaged a stream;
- exposed various incidents of e-coli, blue-green algae and pollution in 2007 and 2008;
- publicized various activities such as the July "poker run" with the Minister of Public Security and exposed the August "depotoir" incident with the help of Environment Quebec;
- thanks to the over 800 petition signatures in spring 2008, l’auberge “Evasion” is no longer a "une maison de réinsertion". "Alliance/Cap Espoir" vacated in November!
- helped secure the right to vote for hundreds of cottagers by getting their names on our electoral list for the 2007 referendum & monitored November 2008 by-election.
With your continued support, we will continue to tackle Lac Simon's most pressing conservation challenges, ensuring we protect it for the next generation.
There is much to accomplish in 2009!
From me and everyone that provides pictures, articles and tips that helps put this blog together, we wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
For our Lac Simon.
Lac Simon "One Lake - One Chance"
P.S. Have a happy, and green, New Year!